Canadian Real Estate/what to offer?

I am looking a new build and the last lot in the subdivision.  The last lot is quite a bit shallower than all of the other lots (105' deep as compared to 130' deep for the others). What kind of offer should I be submitting to the builder? I know that he wants to finish up the subdivision and be gone by Spring 2016. If he doesn't move on the base price, what about an offer for the upgrades (ex-finished basement) What is reasonable?  if the builder wants $50K to finish the bsmt, what should i offer?  I was thinking at least $30K off.....or put it like this....with all of the upgrades and the base price of the house, I was thinking of offering $40K less than the total.  Is that reasonable or insulting?  Thank you!

Hi Carrie,
Can I assume you're working directly with the builder and don't have a Real Estate Agent helping you?
If you don't ask you don't get..... Tell the builder you're prepared to buy the last lot that's only 105 in depth but you want a few extra's... This would include all stainless steel appliances, granite counters in kitchen and bathrooms and a $35.000 credit to go towards finishing the basement.
Depending on the finishes ? A finished basement can anywhere from $35,000 - $100,000.
Electricial, insulation, dryway,doors, light fixtures,(pot lighting),heated flooring, tile, broadloom, bathroom & fixtures, partitioned walls etc...
Get what you can in writing. The builder can always say no.
Good luck. Derek

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton

Any questions relating to Residential Real Estate in the City of Toronto or Southern Ontario. How much is my home worth in todays market? What's involved in Buying Real Estate ? How much do you need for a down payment? What's involved in Buying a Condo? What's involved in Buying a Co-op? What do you need as a deposit? How to choose a good Real Estate Agent for your property? What should you do to prepare your home for the market? How much Commission should you expect to pay? What are the expenses when Buying or selling your property? Should you have your home Staged for the market? Derek Hamilton has made Toronto his home his whole life and knows better than most what the city has to offer! Use his 26 years of Award winning experience to work for you.

Residential Real Estate Sales Representative in Toronto Ont,Canada for 26 years. Award Winner for 24 straight years with Royal Lepage & Sutton Group. Prior experience was 10 years building new custom homes & Renovations in North Toronto. I have a total of 36 years experience in the Residential Real Estate field.

I also subscribe to the Georgian Triangle Real Estate Board in Collingwood & the surrounding areas.

George Brown College "Carpentry", Continuing Education with the Toronto Real Estate Board. Member sinse 1985.

Platinum Award 2000-2008, Presidents Gold Award 2009-2010-2012, Award Of Excellence 2011 25 Year Club for the Toronto Real Estate Board.