Canadian Real Estate/After house is sold but not yet closed damage to greenhouse

Hello! We have sold our home but it hasn't closed yet. We have an old hoop greenhouse on the property and it was just damaged by snow load, what is our responsibility for repairing or replacing it? We didnt use it much and it is quite old.

Hi Jason,
If the Greenhouse was part of the deal. Included in the Purchase Price. It is your responsibility to have it repaired or replaced before the Possession Date.

Plan B.
Call your Listing Agent and have him or her explain to the Selling Agent that the Greenhouse has been damaged by snow. The Buyer may want an abatement on the price or not care one way or another? The Buyer may want you to dispose of it though? Ask the Agent to contact the Buyer to explain.
I hope this helps.

Thanks, Derek  

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton

Any questions relating to Residential Real Estate in the City of Toronto or Southern Ontario. How much is my home worth in todays market? What's involved in Buying Real Estate ? How much do you need for a down payment? What's involved in Buying a Condo? What's involved in Buying a Co-op? What do you need as a deposit? How to choose a good Real Estate Agent for your property? What should you do to prepare your home for the market? How much Commission should you expect to pay? What are the expenses when Buying or selling your property? Should you have your home Staged for the market? Derek Hamilton has made Toronto his home his whole life and knows better than most what the city has to offer! Use his 26 years of Award winning experience to work for you.

Residential Real Estate Sales Representative in Toronto Ont,Canada for 26 years. Award Winner for 24 straight years with Royal Lepage & Sutton Group. Prior experience was 10 years building new custom homes & Renovations in North Toronto. I have a total of 36 years experience in the Residential Real Estate field.

I also subscribe to the Georgian Triangle Real Estate Board in Collingwood & the surrounding areas.

George Brown College "Carpentry", Continuing Education with the Toronto Real Estate Board. Member sinse 1985.

Platinum Award 2000-2008, Presidents Gold Award 2009-2010-2012, Award Of Excellence 2011 25 Year Club for the Toronto Real Estate Board.