Canadian Real Estate/Private investor

Hi Derek,
We have our farm listed for sale in Sask.  We are still under contract with our real estate agent for another month.  We have been approached by a private investor that has offered cash but does not want to go through an agent.  Do we have to continue with the listing and complete the contract before we can accept a private offer?  Thanks for you help.

Hi Joyce,
You have a signed contract. You can not accept a Private deal without paying Commission. Make sure this new Buyer wasn't introduced through the Listing? You may have to wait the holdover time of 60 - 90 days? Read the Listing Contract.
Let the Listing expire and proceed with a Private deal if you wish.
Good luck.

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton

Any questions relating to Residential Real Estate in the City of Toronto or Southern Ontario. How much is my home worth in todays market? What's involved in Buying Real Estate ? How much do you need for a down payment? What's involved in Buying a Condo? What's involved in Buying a Co-op? What do you need as a deposit? How to choose a good Real Estate Agent for your property? What should you do to prepare your home for the market? How much Commission should you expect to pay? What are the expenses when Buying or selling your property? Should you have your home Staged for the market? Derek Hamilton has made Toronto his home his whole life and knows better than most what the city has to offer! Use his 26 years of Award winning experience to work for you.

Residential Real Estate Sales Representative in Toronto Ont,Canada for 26 years. Award Winner for 24 straight years with Royal Lepage & Sutton Group. Prior experience was 10 years building new custom homes & Renovations in North Toronto. I have a total of 36 years experience in the Residential Real Estate field.

I also subscribe to the Georgian Triangle Real Estate Board in Collingwood & the surrounding areas.

George Brown College "Carpentry", Continuing Education with the Toronto Real Estate Board. Member sinse 1985.

Platinum Award 2000-2008, Presidents Gold Award 2009-2010-2012, Award Of Excellence 2011 25 Year Club for the Toronto Real Estate Board.