Canadian Real Estate/Private investor

Question
Hi Derek,
We have our farm listed for sale in Sask.  We are still under contract with our real estate agent for another month.  We have been approached by a private investor that has offered cash but does not want to go through an agent.  Do we have to continue with the listing and complete the contract before we can accept a private offer?  Thanks for you help.

Answer
Hi Joyce,
You have a signed contract. You can not accept a Private deal without paying Commission. Make sure this new Buyer wasn't introduced through the Listing? You may have to wait the holdover time of 60 - 90 days? Read the Listing Contract.
Let the Listing expire and proceed with a Private deal if you wish.
Good luck.
Derek  

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton