Canadian Real Estate/Purchase of home

Question
We put an offer to purchase on a home.  We were told that there was already a conditional offer.  We were told that the conditions were: Sale of their home & inspection.  Our offer was for more money, no conditions & a 6 weeks closing.  The buyer that made the offer that supersedes ours has been notified that they have 48 hours to remove their conditions. We do not know the details of the offer.  Our question is, does the closing date hold any weight?  In other words can the vendors tell them to remove the conditions but can they also have them change the closing date or are the vendors committed even if the closing date is say, 2 months away?  Can the prospective buyer up their price or does that constitute a new offer?

Answer
Hi Keri,

The Seller gives Offer number one the option to either firm up on the Offer or walk away and they have within 48 hours. The Closing Date could hold some weight? It all depends on the Sellers situation? The Closing date can always be changed. I hope this helps.
Thanks, Derek  

Canadian Real Estate

Derek Hamilton