Canadian Real Estate/Selling a lot off my property

Question
If I wish to sell a 1 1/2 acre lot off my 16.6 acre property who pays for the severance?

Answer
Hi Dary,
Thank you for your question. It depends on when the severance is granted. If the lot has been severed before it's listed for sale then it would typically be the Seller that pays for the severance. However, if you already have the lot for sale (conditional upon a severance being granted) and you have someone who wants to make an offer to purchase you can specify in the agreement of purchase and sale that it will be the Buyer who pays for the severance.
Penny

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie