Canadian Real Estate/Selling a lot off my property

If I wish to sell a 1 1/2 acre lot off my 16.6 acre property who pays for the severance?

Hi Dary,
Thank you for your question. It depends on when the severance is granted. If the lot has been severed before it's listed for sale then it would typically be the Seller that pays for the severance. However, if you already have the lot for sale (conditional upon a severance being granted) and you have someone who wants to make an offer to purchase you can specify in the agreement of purchase and sale that it will be the Buyer who pays for the severance.

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie

General Residential Real Estate, Real Estate Agency, Real Estate Terminology, Real Estate Marketing

Penny MacKenzie is a full time Burlington Real Estate Agent with over 15 years of experience. An active member of the Burlington Business Community Penny is Past President of The Burlington Chamber of Commerce and Past Chair of Tourism Burlington. Penny has also served on the Board of Directors of the Burlington Art Centre Foundation. Penny is also past chair and co-founder of Party In Pink an incredible women only fundraiser for Breast Cancer Support Services. In just four short years this event has raised over $250,000 in support of women who are currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer. As a full time Realtor Penny is experienced in the Burlington and Area real estate market. She has personally handled all types of real estate transactions, however, she is an Experienced Residential Realtor, qualified to help families reach their residential home buying and selling goals.

Hamilton-Burlington Real Estate Board, Oakville-Milton Real Estate Board, Ontario Real Estate Board, Canadian Real Estate Board

Licensed Realtor with Keller Williams Realty the fastest growing Real Estate Company in Canada!