Canadian Real Estate/CMHC 10% refund for Green Home

Hi there...I am curious as to whether or you know anything about this rebate program, if you have had clients who have applied for it etc.  We built an Enegry Star home in 2015 but our lender didn't tell us we were eligible and I can't find any information anywhere that states a time limit on applying.  
Thanks in advance!

I actually do not know anyone who has taken advantage of this program.  I know Ontario Hydro has a set of rebates as well as CMHC.  I can only point you in the right direction from a google search but I would say you should call them and inquire.  I know some programs require you pay for an energy audit of the home but if it is certified perhaps that would be good enough for them.

Good luck and here is the link I have.  It may also not save you that much money depending on the size of your mortgage but its better than nothing for sure.  Here is the calculations for your CMHC insurance followed by the refund info.

Canadian Real Estate

David Sussman

Residential Real Estate Questions in Ontario such as financing possibilities, clauses, how to choose the right agent, buying/selling your home/condo and anything else that relates to real estate trading such as what my home is worth or tips and hints for how to protect yourself as a buyer or seller.

Residential Real Estate Agent in the City of Toronto for Royal LePage, Signature Realty.

Toronto Real Estate Board Canadian Real Estate Association Royal LePage Signature Realty

Carleton University, B.A. and Business Management from U of T