Canadian Real Estate/real estate sale


I want to sell my property in Whistler to my son and would like to know the simple way to have this transaction completed with the least amount of cost. Could you advise what I need to do?

Hi there.  I am a Realtor in Ontario and the rules will be different province to province but if it were here I would have a real estate lawyer transfer the title.  Generally with family they do a $2 charge for the property (or whatever the sale price is) here and transfer title.  It is not a big deal.  But I would definitely contact a lawyer that works in that province and make sure there are not tax issues.  I don't think it would cost very much for just a title transfer/sale.

Canadian Real Estate

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


David Sussman


Residential Real Estate Questions in Ontario such as financing possibilities, clauses, how to choose the right agent, buying/selling your home/condo and anything else that relates to real estate trading such as what my home is worth or tips and hints for how to protect yourself as a buyer or seller.


Residential Real Estate Agent in the City of Toronto for Royal LePage, Signature Realty.

Toronto Real Estate Board Canadian Real Estate Association Royal LePage Signature Realty

Carleton University, B.A. and Business Management from U of T

©2017 All rights reserved.