Canadian Real Estate/real estate sale

Question
I want to sell my property in Whistler to my son and would like to know the simple way to have this transaction completed with the least amount of cost. Could you advise what I need to do?

Answer
Hi there.  I am a Realtor in Ontario and the rules will be different province to province but if it were here I would have a real estate lawyer transfer the title.  Generally with family they do a $2 charge for the property (or whatever the sale price is) here and transfer title.  It is not a big deal.  But I would definitely contact a lawyer that works in that province and make sure there are not tax issues.  I don't think it would cost very much for just a title transfer/sale.

Canadian Real Estate

David Sussman