Canadian Real Estate/Hiring an Agent

I am an American living in Stockton, California. I am interested in buying some waterfront property in the Nova Scotia or New Brunswick area. Here in California the property buyers never pay for hiring a Real Estate agent. How does it work in Canada ?...or does it depend on the province ?
Also,even if I have to pay for one, what is a good way to find an RE agent in Nova Scotia that specializes in waterfront ?

Thank you,

Hello Vic,
Thank you for your question. In Canada it works the same as in the US. The Buyer Agent is paid by the Seller. I would be happy to refer you to one of my Keller Williams Associates in Nova Scotia that specializes in Waterfront. If you email me your requirements I'll provide you with an Agent that would be able to assist you - you can email me directly at

Canadian Real Estate

Penny MacKenzie

General Residential Real Estate, Real Estate Agency, Real Estate Terminology, Real Estate Marketing

Penny MacKenzie is a full time Burlington Real Estate Agent with over 15 years of experience. An active member of the Burlington Business Community Penny is Past President of The Burlington Chamber of Commerce and Past Chair of Tourism Burlington. Penny has also served on the Board of Directors of the Burlington Art Centre Foundation. Penny is also past chair and co-founder of Party In Pink an incredible women only fundraiser for Breast Cancer Support Services. In just four short years this event has raised over $250,000 in support of women who are currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer. As a full time Realtor Penny is experienced in the Burlington and Area real estate market. She has personally handled all types of real estate transactions, however, she is an Experienced Residential Realtor, qualified to help families reach their residential home buying and selling goals.

Hamilton-Burlington Real Estate Board, Oakville-Milton Real Estate Board, Ontario Real Estate Board, Canadian Real Estate Board

Licensed Realtor with Keller Williams Realty the fastest growing Real Estate Company in Canada!