Canadian Stocks/National petroleum stocks

cwcrosby42 wrote at 2008-12-02 23:56:09
National Petroleum and Permeator Corporation were involved in some sort of scam back in the late 60's with a California investor.  I don't recall the detail.  Permeator held tar sand leases and a owned a process to 'permeate' the slow wells.  It sounded good at the time, and would sound even better today!  

Permeator was spun off to the players at National Petroleum.  It was traded on the OTC exchange in the US.  Permeator went from 10 cents up to $65 or $70 for a while... until the scam was found out and the major investors ended up in jail, as I recall.

I don't remember the companies owning anything more than leases, and I doubt that they were involved in the stock scam that went on with their shares.  However, I don't think either company exists today.  

You might check with Thomson Publishing for old stock records from Canada.  

Al Renz wrote at 2013-05-21 14:38:11
National Petroleum Corporation, Ltd. was a Canadian company that was listed on the Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver exchanges and traded over the counter in the US. It was founded in the 1030's. In 1972 headquarters were moved to Houston, TX and I was President from 1972 until 1986 when I left for other business opportunities. Around 1988 control was acquired by a San Antonio, TX company and eventually it went out of buisiness. I have thousands of shares myself, but I believe they are worthless.

Canadian Stocks

I can answer questions about Canadian stocks and investing in Can. stocks.

I have been an active investor on the Canadian stock markets for the last 23 years. I am retired and spend 4 to 5 hours per day managing my portfolios and reading information pertinent to Canadian corporations and stocks.

I have no sector-specific educational credentials.