Canadian Stocks/old gold mine stocks

As part of my deceased mothers estate I have in my possesion several old mining stocks ranging from 1927-1948...Amalgamated Larder mines 1948,Pelangio Larder mines 1946,Kerranda gold mining syndicate 1937,Lucky Kirkland Gold mines ltd. 1938,The Buckingham mines ltd.1929,and Goodfish Mines ltd. 1927...are these stocks of any current value? thanks

Jack, from the information I have available:

Amalgamated Larder has no value. The company did several reverse splits and name changes and ended as Explorers Alliance, which was suspended delisted and cease-traded.

Pelangio Larder became Pelangio Mines on the basis of 1.05 new for every 1 old share. In 2008, the Company split into two separate companies. Shareholders received 1 share of Pelangio Exploration and 1 share of PDX Resources. Pelangio Exploration currently trades for about 22 cents per share. PDX later merged with Detour Gold on the basis of 0.2571 Detour for every PDX share. Detour currently trades for $27.79 per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent for both companies, which is Computershare ( to determine if you old certificate is valid and, if so, to get it reorganized into the new companies.

For Kerranda, I have no information on syndicates as they were not publicly traded. Syndicates were special purpose vehicles sold privately to a small number of people and designed to explore a specific property or area. When the exploration was completed or the money was gone, they disbanded and distibuted any value to its members. They are very difficult to track down what happened to them - you can try the Province of formation and see what they have available.

Lucky Kirkland has gone through numerous name changes and reverse splits (1 for 20, 1 for 5, 1 for 1.75) and I believe it is now Aura Minerals, which trades on the TSX for about 30 cents per share. The Current agent is Equity Financial (

I have no information on Buckingham Mines or Goodfish Mines. Considering their great age, I suggest you contact a broker and have them perform a detailed search for you.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.