You are here:

Canadian Stocks/old stock certificates


Dear Mr. Taylor:
I have stock certificates from Stanley Reef Resouces Ltd. and Deer Creek Resources Ltd.  Both are dated 1981. These shares are incorporated under the laws of Ontario, Canada.
I would appreciate any information you can give me regarding these stocks.
Thank you for your consideration and assistance in this matter.
William Kingsley

William from the information I have available:

Stanley Reef became Paladin Petroleum on the basis of 1.5 Paladin for each Stanley Reef Shares. Paladin had a 1 for 2 reverse split, then was acquired by Northrock on the basis of .19 Northrock for each 1 old share. Northrock was acquired in 2000 by Unocal for $10.10 cash per share.

If you are the person named on the certificate, you should have received a check for the full amount in 2000. If not, it would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping in your name until you could claim it. They can search online in many States and Provinces for free at and

Deer Creek has gone through numerous name changes and reverse splits (1 for 4, 1 for 3) and is now Galantas Gold, which trades for about 5 cents per share. The current transfer agent is Equity Financial ( - you will need to contact them about your old certificate.

Canadian Stocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steven Taylor


Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.

©2017 All rights reserved.