Canadian Stocks/Sooner Energy

Question
I have come across a couple of stock certificates for Sooner Energy. They are dated 1981, and The Yorkshire Trust Company of Vancouver is listed as the Transfer Agent. I have been unable to find any references to the Sooner Energy Company, and as far as i can tell The Yorkshire Trust Company closed in 1988. Can you either tell me if the stock in Sooner Energy is still marketable, or if there is a successor to Yorkshire Trust Company so i can try that route. Thank you.

Answer
Steven, from the information I have available, the Company became Tatonka Energy Inc., which reincorporated in Wyoming and ceased to be a Canadian company. They later had a 1 for 10 reverse split and became Phymed Inc., which had their offices in Dallas and Oklahoma City. The stock traded in the US and reported to the SEC. Unfortunately, the last SEC filing they have is from 2001 and does not explain what happened to the Company. You can find that information on EDGAR here:

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000353904&owner=i

The SEC does have the last known contact information for them listed on EDGAR. You might also try contacting Wyoming as the State of Incorporation and see if they can provide any additional information.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor