Canadian Stocks/Gordon daily grendier

Question
Purchased from subject
200 shares of Gandi Resources Corp
200 shares of Faldo Mines and Energy Corp
500 shares of Larr Capital
Found in a box of paper after the father in law of my sister died.

Answer
Carol, from the information I have available:

Gandy Resources became Heritage Living Canada (I think there may have been a reverse split as well), which later changed its name to Global Biotech Inc. and tried to acquire a biotech company. I don't know if they were successful, as they seem to have stopped filing their required regulatory information at the end of 1997 and disappeared. I have no additional information.

Faldo has no current value. The Company had several name changes (and a 1 for 3 reverse split) and became NSI Global, which ran into serious financial trouble when their lender called all their assets. They were suspended, delisted and cease-traded and those orders remain in effect.

Larr had a 1 for 40 reverse split and became Pembridge Inc. Pembridge was acquired by Allstate in 1998 for $20 per share cash. The registered holder of the shares should have received a check at that time. If they could not find the registered holder, the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping. You can search every State or Province in which your sister's father-in-law lived from the time he acquired the shares until the acquisition and see if there are any assets being held for him. You can search many of the States and some Provinces for free at www.missingmoney.com and www.naupa.org. Search using his name exactly as it appears on the certificate.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor