Canadian Stocks/Old shares

Question
My father passed away before Christmas, while going through his stuff I found some share certificates. French Creek Development Company Ltd. The address is from Vancouver Dated 1927 and 1929. Also from Area Mines Ltd. from Toronto dated 1929. any info would be great. Thank You

Answer
Derek, from the information I have available:

I have no information on French Creek, although 1927 and 1929 predate much of the information I have. Therefore, I suggest you either try the Province of Incorporation (listed on the certificate) and see what information they have available, or contact a broker and ask them to perform a detailed search for you.

Area Mines Ltd. was acquired by Teck in the early 1970's on the basis of 1 share of Teck for every 3 shares of Area. Teck has gone through quite a few name and capital changes since then, and is now Teck Resources. You will need to contact the current transfer agent, Canadian Stock Transfer (www.canstockta.com) to determine if your old Area Mines certificate is still valid.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor