Canadian Stocks/value of old stock certificates.

Question
My wife has received some old stock certificates from her father. She is wondering if they of any value to her family. They are: Anaconda Petroleum limited {1957), Christina Lake Mines Ltd ( 1968), Gem Explorations Ltd ( 1965 ), Superior Acid & Iron Ltd.( 1969), Sultana Silver Mines Ltd.( 1970), Welland and Consolidated Mining Company Ltd. ( 1971). Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Diane, from the information I have available:

Anaconda went through numerous name changes and reverse splits before being struck from the corporate register and dissolved in the early 1980's. No current value.

Christina Lake also went through at least 8 name changes and at least 3 reverse splits (1 for 2, 1 for 4, and 1 for 2) and is now Trevali Mining, which trades on the TSX for about $1.07 per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent, Computershare (www.computershare.com) to see if the old certificate is valid and, if so, to have it reorganized into the new shares.

Gem also went through numerous name changes and reverse splits before being struck and dissolved in the early 1980's.

Superior had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1970's.

Sultana was dissolved in the late 1970's.

Welland was also dissolved in the late 1970's.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor