Canadian Stocks/Canadian Share Certificates

Question
I have a few Canadian share certificates in my possession. Could you please help me to find out whether they have any value?
They are: Heartland Resources Inc. (1999 20, Jan), Ontario Hose Specialties Inc. (1998 27, Nov)Malahide Petroleum Corporation (1992 01, Sept)

Your advice is greatly appreciated

Answer
Thomas, from the information I have available:

Heartland changed its name to Ryland, which was acquired in 2010 by Crescent Point Energy on the basis of 0.0117 of a Crescent Point share for each Ryland share. Crescent Point trades on the TSX for about $40 a share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent, Olympia Trust (www.olympiatrust.com) regarding the old shares.

Ontario Hose did a 1 for 30 reverse split and is now Enterprise Energy, which trades for about 6 cents per share. You need to contact the current transfer agent, TMX Equity (tmxequitytransferservices.com).

Malahide had a 1 for 20 reverse split and became Stratic Energy. Stratic was acquired by Enquest PLC in 2010 on the basis of 0.089626 of an Enquest share for each share of Stratic. Enquest trades in London for roughly $2.50 a share, give or take the exchange rate. You can contact Enquest through their website at http://www.enquest.com/  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor