Canadian Stocks/Old stocks


Could you help me find the status of 2 old shares I have?

Fort Knox Gold Resources Inc. and

Tandem Resources Ltd.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Maurice, from the information I have available:

Fort Knox changed its name to FNX Mining, which merged with Quadra in 2010. FNX shareholders received 0.87 common share of Quadra and .01 cent for each common share of FNX. Quadra was acquired by a Polish company in 2012 for $15 cash per share. If your shares were valid, you should have received a check for your shares sometime around March 2012. If the transfer agent was unable to locate you, they would have turned the money over to the Government for safekeeping waiting for you to claim it. You will need to check the missing property office of every State or Province in which you lived from the time you acquired the shares until the takeover. You can search many of them online for free at and

Tandem left the mineral exploration business and had a couple of name changes. It is now Poet Technologies, which trades for about 54 cents per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent ( to get your old shares reorganized into the new shares.

Canadian Stocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steven Taylor


Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.

©2017 All rights reserved.