Canadian Stocks/Sanreta oil/ e.a. Manning shares

Question
My mom just passed and I found receipt  from E.A. Manning Limited for 200 shares in the Sanreta Oil & Gas resources Ltd. My father purchased 200 shares in 1984. I'm wondering if these shares have any current value. I did read the other answers regarding E.A. Manning and wonder if there is any compensation available for the fraudulent shares. Thanks

Answer
Kim, from the information I have available, Sanreta had a 4 for 10 reverse split and became Paladin Petroleum. Paladin later went through several name changes and acquisitions. It had a 1 for 2 reverse split, then was acquired by Northrock on the basis of .19 Northrock for each 1 old share. Northrock was acquired in 2000 by Unocal for $10.10 cash per share.

Your Mom should have received a check for the full amount in 2000. If not, it would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping in their name until they could claim it. They can search online in many States and Provinces for free at www.missingmoney.com and www.naupa.org.

I am not aware of any compensation for the victims of E.A. Manning. The Ontario Securities Commission worked for a long time to throw E.A. Manning out of business, and by they time they finally convinced the courts, the majority of the money was gone.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor