Canadian Stocks/Do these Shares exist???

I've been searching information on Shares that were purchased in March of 1993. The certificate details 300 Shares for BCI Management Ltd ~ I cannot find the company on the web. The shares were purchased through Gordon-Daly Grenadier Securities ~ the company no longer exists. Is there any way I can find out if these shares are worth anything? Where do I begin?? My search so far has led to a dead end.

Jo, from the information I have available, BCI has gone through numerous reverse splits, name changes and mergers. It is now Genterra Capital, which trades on the TSX Venture for about $1.75. Unfortunately, due to all the capital changes/reverse splits (1 for 7, 1 for 14, 1 for 3.6), it is likely your original 300 shares is now just about 1 share of Genterra. I suggest you contact the current transfer agent, Computershare ( to confirm this information and see if there is any current value.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.