Canadian Stocks/AC MacPherson statement

I am a widow and recently moved.  I found an old statement from AC MacPherson.  My husband had apparently purchased shares of Java Joe's and Microforum Inc. How can I follow up on where they are now?

Kirsten, from the information I have available:

Java Joe's has no current value. The Company ran into serious trouble and sold off its coffee shops as they were suspended and cease-traded in 2002. Those cease-trade orders remain in effect.

Microforum also ran into serious financial trouble and filed for bankruptcy in 2002. They did actually emerge from bankruptcy, changed its name to Homeserve, and were acquired in 2011 by Brascan for $2.75 per share. Unfortunately, I believe they also had a 1 for 25 reverse split in 2003, which would have significantly reduced the number of shares your husband owned. I suggest you contact the last transfer agent, Computershare ( to determine if the shares were still in your husband's name and, if so, if any money was due to him.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.