Canadian Stocks/METRO MINERALS LTD

Question
METRO_MIN_STOCK_CERT
METRO_MIN_STOCK_CERT  
Hello, Steven.  Hoping you can help:  we found an old stock cert. in my late father's papers [see attached].  We tried to find this company on the internet, and through agencies of the Saskatchewan and Ontario governments, etc., but no luck.  We were wondering, of course, if the shares were still valid...maybe another company bought Metro, and is still viable?  Failing that, maybe the cert. has some value for collectors?

Answer
Kathleen, from the information I have available, the shares have no current value. Metro had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the late 1950's.

Old certificates often have some nominal value for collectors, but the cert has to be in very good condition, and the more ornate or decorative have more value. If you would like to explore selling the certificate, I suggest you try searching on the internet as there are several sites that specialize in the sale of old certificates.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor