Canadian Stocks/Old gold mine stocks

Question
My dad purchased stocks in Ontario Gold Mines back in the 1960-1970's. I'm wondering if any of the mines are still working and possibly worth anything. The companies are as follows: Mountainview Explorations Inc., Bonwitha Mining Company Limited, and Geolex Resources Ltd.

Answer
Shirley, from the information I have available:

Mountainview had several name changes and at least 1 reverse split - a 1 for 2.5, although I think it is likely there are others - and is now New International Infopet. Although the stock doesn't currently trade anywhere, the Company is current in their reporting requirements and is a shell looking to merge with a private business. You will need to contact the current transfer agent, Equity (http://equityfinancialtrust.com/) to get the old shares reorganized into the new shares.

Bonwitha has no current value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the early 1970's.

Geolex has no current value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the mid-1980's.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor