Canadian Stocks/old stock certificate

My deceased father purchased stocks in 1950 in Consolidated Cordasun Oils Ltd. Chartered Trust Co. of Toronto was the Transfer Agent. A subsequent letter dated 1973 stated that the above oil company were exchanged for shares of Okalta Oils Ltd. then changed to Oakwood Petroleum Ltd. Does this company still exist?? Are the stocks worth anything??

Nancy, from the information I have available, Consolidated Cordasun had a 1 for 10 reverse split and became Okalta, then a further 1 for 7 reverse split and became Oakwood. Oakwood was acquired by Sceptre Resources on the basis of 0.179 of a Sceptre share for each share of Oakwood. Sceptre was later acquired by Canadian Natural Resources on the basis of 0.3025 of a Canadian Natural share for each share of Sceptre. Canadian Natural is still around - it trades for about $32 per share on the TSX and NYSE. You will have to contact the current transfer agent, Computershare ( to determine if your old certificate is still valid and if it translates into any current shares of Canadian Natural.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.