Canadian Stocks/Old Stock Certificates- do they have any value?

Question
Hi Steven,
I have stock certificates that were handed down to me.  Can you tell me if the following are still trading and or if they have any value?
Emperor Mines Ltd. Incorporated in BC Certificate Dated 1968
Ark La Tex Industries Ltd. incorporated in BC Dated 1985
Snow Lake Mines Ltd. Incorporated in Alberta Dated 1987
SPA Mines Limited Incorporated in BC Dated 1972
Can Base Industries Ltd. Incorporated in BC Dated 1974
Tungsten Uranium Mines Inc. Incorporated in Washington dated 1955
Coreta Holdings Ltd. Incorporated in BC Dated 1966
New Pyramid Gold Mines Inc. Incorporated in BC Dated 1975
Wizard Mechanical Ltd. Incorporated in BC Dated 1966
I appreciate any feedback and assistance.

Answer
Clint, from the information I have available:

Emperor has no current value. The Company had a 1 for 5 reverse split and became Tarona Resources, which was struck from the corporate register and dissolved in the mid-1980's.

Ark La Tex has no current value. The Company was cease-traded in 2010 and delisted in 2012. That cease-trade order remains in effect.

Snow Lake had a 1 for 15 reverse split and became Phoenix Canada Oil, which is still around. The stock currently trades for about $1.95 per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent, Computershare (www.computershare.com# to determine if your old certificate is valid and, if so, to have it reorganized into the new shares.

SPA Mines has no current value. The Company had numerous name changes and several reverse stock splits and ended as Mercana Industries, which ran into serious financial trouble and was suspended and delisted in 1997.

Can Base had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the late 1970's. No current value.

I have no information on Tungsten Uranium, as it is a US company, not a Canadian one.

I have no information on Coreta Holdings.

New Pyramid had two name changes and at least 2 reverse splits #1 for 5, followed by another 1 for 5) and became American Pyramid Resources Inc., which had serious financial trouble in the mid-1980's and was delisted in 1987. I have no additional information on what happened after it was delisted.

Wizard seems to have recently been struck from the Corporate register and dissolved by Alberta.

For the companies which I have no information, I suggest you contact the State or Province of Incorporation and see what information they have available, or contact a broker and ask them to perform a detailed search for you.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor