Canadian Stocks/Shares 1977

Question
I have shares in Gemex Minerals Inc. and Hull Explorations Ltd.  Unable to find any info on them.  Can you please shed some light on this matter or give me a phone no. where I could contact them.  Registered with The Metropolitan Trust Co Toronto.  I am Mr North's wife - he asked me to try and trace this for him.
My email is .  You can reply to either of us or both.  Thank you for your co-operation and look forward to a reply at your earliest convenience.

Regards Mr & Mrs North

Answer
Mr. & Mrs. North, from the information I have available:

Gemex had a 1 for 10 reverse split and became MM-G International, which later changed its name to The Stratas Corporation Ltd. Stratas seems to have run into some financial issues and was delisted and cease-traded in 1989. At least one of those cease trade orders remains in effect. They were trying to reorganize the company but I have no data that shows they were successful. Still, I suggest you contact a broker and see if they can find any additional information.

Hull merged into Belle Aire Resource Exploration on the basis of 11 Belle Aire shares for every 100 original Hull shares. Belle Aire had several name changes and is currently Advantex Marketing, which trades on the Canadian National Stock Exchange for about 1 cent per share. I believe their current transfer agent is Canadian Stock Transfer (www.canstockta.com). I suggest you contact them to confirm the information and determine if your shares have any current value.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor