Canadian Stocks/Vancouver (Canada) stock certificates

Way back in the 1960s I lived in Vancouver and participated in the "investment" craze of penny stocks, mostly mining. In an old filing cabinet I found a good number of stock certificates from that time. I don't want to overwhelm you or hog your time so I will list just a few. The goal of course would be to see if any of them have any curent value.........
Colonial Oil and Gas Ltd
Imperial Modular Industries Ltd
Jodee Explorations LtdHolberg Mines Ltd
Marge Enterprises Ltd
Holberg Mines Ltd
Inter-Tech Development and Resources

Thank you very much for your help, Kurt

Kurt, from the information I have available:

Colonia went through numerous name and capital changes. They had a 1 for 2 reverse split and became Cogas, which was acquired in 1995 on the basis of $5.95 cash for half the shares and 1.088 shares of Canadian Pioneer Energy for each share of Cogas for the other half. Canadian Pioneer was quickly acquired by Cimmarron Petroleum on the basis of 1 Cimarron share for every 32.34 Pioneer shares. Cimarron was acquired by Newport Energy on the basis of 2.7 Newport for every share of Cimarron. Newport was acquired in 2000 by Hunt Energy on the basis of $5.50 cash per share. If you did not receive the cash from either acquisition, the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping. The time limit for holding these assets may have expired, as each government has different rules for how long they keep the unclaimed property, but you should look. You need to search every State or Province in which you lived from the time you acquired the shares until the acquisitions. You can search many of them for free at and Search using your name exactly as it appears on the certificate, even if it is abbreviated or misspelled.

Imperial Modular has no value. The company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the late 1970's.

Jodee has no value. The company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the early 1970's.

Marge went through numerous name changes and reverse splits (1 for 5, then 1 for 10, then 1 for 2, then 1 for 3) and is now Mesa Exploration, which trades on the TSX Venture for about 12 cents per share. You need to contact the current transfer agent, Computershare ( to have the old shares reorganized.

Holberg also went through numerous name changes and reverse splits (1 for 4 and 1 for 10) and is now Century Energy Ltd., which trades for about 1 cent per share. The current transfer agent is Olympia Trust (

Inter-Tech had two name changes and became Inter-Tech Development & Resources in the mid-1970's, but I have no additional information.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.