Canadian Stocks/2 Canadian share certificates

In November of 1978, as per attached, I purchased 5,000 shares on one certificate for River of Gold Mining Corp. Ltd.  Have you any information on them, as to whether they survived or changed names etc?

Also, what brought me to you, was a question on Laverty Red Lake Resources Inc. in which you suggested for Don to contact Computershare to get old shares reorganized.  I went to that website, but have no idea which button/link to push, so I was hoping that when you respond to the River of Gold one, you might help direct me.  I sure know that TransAtlantic is under $1.00 so Laverty equivalent will be $0.00 to none as I expect with River of Gold.  In any case, I am anxious to see what you have to say.  Thank you sir

George, I have no information at all on River of Gold Mining Corp. Ltd. I cannot even confirm that it was ever publicly traded. Did you buy the stock privately? If so, it is much harder to track down. If there is a transfer agent listed on the certificate, I would contact them first as they will know if the shares have any current value. You can also try the Province of Incorporation and see what information they have available. Or contact a broker and see if they can perform a detailed search for you.

For Computershare, click on the "contact us" tab. I will bring up a menu of inquires you can make online, or by phone. If you decide to try the online form, it will be "Shareholder Account-Related Questions and Assistance" and you can fill out the form with your Laverty certificate details.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.