Canadian Stocks/Old Stocks Worth Anything?

Question
QUESTION: Hi Steve,

Amazing work you do here.  Very impressed with the detective work you do.  I have several old stock certificates and I'm wondering if you can help me find out if they have any value.

1) 50 shares of "Dixie Oil Company Limited" issued on April 16, 1929
2) 500 shares of "Victory Tungsten Ltd", incorporated in the Province of BC and issued on August 28, 1952
3) 1000 shares of "Cariboo-Hudson Gold Mines (1946) Limited", incorporated in the Province of BC and issued on January 8, 1953 (and yes, the spelling of Cariboo is correct as shown)
4) 50 shares of "Congress Gold Mines Ltd.", incorporated in the Province of BC and issued on April 11, 1950

Thanks for any help you can give on these.  It is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
James Bawtinheimer

ANSWER: James, from the information I have available:

I have no information on Dixie Oil, although 1929 predates most of the information I have available.

Victory Tungsten was dissolved in the mid-1970's. No current value.

Cariboo-Hudson has no current value. It had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the early 1970's.

Congress Gold Mines has no current value. It had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the 1950's.

QUESTION: Steve, thanks very much for the information.  I'm disappointed that one wasn't that million dollar stock we all dream of, but oh well.  I'm wondering if you could give me some advice and point me in the right direction to try to get any information on the Dixie Oil shares?  I'm not sure where to go from here, but it would be interesting to see if they were purchased by one of the big companies.

Thanks again.
James

Answer
James, it is very difficult to track stocks that old. But, I would suggest you try contacting the Province of Incorporation and see what information they have available. You can also try contacting a broker and see if they may be able to perform a detailed search and come up with something.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor