You are here:

Canadian Stocks/acquitting stocks


I am an estate trustee, you have previously advised that three of six shares are of minimal value.  How does one acquit these and have the funds transferred to the estate trust account. I am an out of country estate trustee. Thank you for your assistance.

Elaine, you will have to contact the current transfer agent for each issuer. The agent maintains the official shareholder records of each company and handles all stock issuances and changes of ownership. You will have to provide certain legal documents in order to have the stock transferred, including the will or probate documents and documents which establish your authority. Sometimes the cost in doing so will be more than the stock is worth, but you should contact the agent in order to determine the current value.

Canadian Stocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steven Taylor


Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.

©2017 All rights reserved.