Canadian Stocks/Old mining certificates

Question
Several old mining stock certificates were given to us by my mother-in-law before she passed. Had put them away for quite a few years and now wondering if they have any value, collectors or otherwise.These are all gold mining stocks from the Red Lake Ontario District. My father-in-law had a diamond drilling business in the district for many years. Considering the resurgence of drilling in the district and the price of gold in the last few years has peaked our interest. These are the certificates:

Hudson Patricia Gold Mines Ltd.
Tobico Consolidated Gold Mines Ltd.
Paulore Gold Mines Ltd.
Rajah Red Lake Gold Mines Ltd.
Consolidated Red Poplar Minerals Ltd
Tribag Mining Co. Ltd.
Marboy Mines Ltd.
Gold Frontier Mines Ltd.

Would appreciate your help in this matter.

Answer
Sharon, from the information I have available:

Hudson Patricia has no value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the early 1960's.

Tobico Consolidated has no value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the late 1970's.

Paulore has no value. The Company was dissolved in the mid-1950's.

Rajah has no value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the late 1950's.

Consolidated Red Poplar had a 1 for 5 reverse split and became New Dimension Resources Ltd. New Dimension later reincorporated in Wyoming and ceased to be a Canadian company which is why I have no other information. Note that the New Dimension Resources currently traded in Canada is a completely different and unrelated company.

Tribag had many changes. They had several reverse splits (1 for 5, then 0.6 for 1, then 1 for 3# and name changes and is now Wilmington Capital Management, which trades for about $3 a share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent, Canadian Stock Transfer #www.canstockta.com) to determine if your old shares are still valid.

Marboy has no current value. The Company had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the early 1970's.

Gold Frontier and Consolidated Red Poplar are the same company. Gold Frontier went through several name changes and reverse splits before it became Consolidated Red Poplar.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor