Canadian Stocks/old shares


QUESTION: going thru old papers found certificates for zlin aerospace inc. as well some for galex mines limited and oil springs energy corp. are any of these any good if so what can i do with them thanks robert.

ANSWER: Robert, from the information I have available:

Zlin was suspended, cease-traded and delisted in 2002. Those cease-trade orders remain in effect, so there is no current value.

Galex Mines had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the late 1970's. No current value.

Oil Springs has had several name changes and reverse splits (1 for 4, 1 for 2, then another 1 for 4) and is now Petro Basin Energy, which trades for about 1 cent per share. You will need to contact the new transfer agent,, to have your old shares reorganized.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: also have heartland resources well as crescent point energy corp. if these are still active where can i increase shares i live in windsor ont. thank-you, been getting dividend cheque from olympia trust for around 2.5o but don't know from what shares. thanks for letting know about other stocks.

Robert, Heartland and Crescent Point are the same Company. Heartland changed its name to Ryland, which was acquired in 2010 by Crescent Point Energy on the basis of 0.0117 of a Crescent Point share for each Ryland share. Often in these cases, they do not require the shareholder to submit the old certificate in exchange for the new, so they just went ahead and sent you the Crescent Point certificates and your dividend checks.

Canadian Stocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steven Taylor


Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.

©2017 All rights reserved.