Canadian Stocks/Stocks


Back in 1986 and 1987 I purchased stock from Gordon-Daly Grenadier Securities.  They only sent me receipts for my purchase. Are they any good to get the value of the stocks now?  Do I need the stock certificate to claim any value for them.  The three in question are Canadian Natural Resource Fund, Reed Lake Exploration Ltd.,and Huron Star Resources Ltd. I am not sure what to do from here as I am limit in knowledge about how stocks work.

John, you should not need certificates as long as your ownership was correctly registered with the transfer agent/registrar. Their records are the only ones that count.

I have no information on Canadian Natural Resource Fund, as the name suggests it is a mutual fund, not a stock.

Reed Lake has had several name changes and at least two reverse splits (1 for 7 and 1 for 10) and is now EPM Ventures, which trades for about 25 cents per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent,, to see if you are listed as a current shareholder. If so, they can get your current address and issue you new shares.

Huron Star has had several name changes and at least 1 reverse split (1 for 50) and is now Augustine Ventures, which trades for about 5 cents per share. The current transfer agent is also TMX Equity Transfer.  

Canadian Stocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steven Taylor


Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.

©2017 All rights reserved.