Canadian Stocks/old stocks

Hi Steven:  While clearing my parents estate found the following share certificates and I am wondering if they have value, and how to go about claiming any value.
1. Kirkland Minerals Corp  Issue date: May 1956
2. B. Hollinger Mines Lts.  Issue date : March 1933
3. Hollinger Gold Mines.  Issue date : March 1933
4. Pandora Cadillac Gold Mines Ltd.  Issue date March 1938
5. Dalhousie Oil Company.  Issue date March 1932
6. Cobalt Contact Mines.  Issue date August 1933
7.  Canadian Delhi Oil Company.  Issue date February 1964
8. Imperial Radiator Co.  Issue date: July 1922
9. Big Missouri Mines Corp.  Issue date: November 1933

Thanking you in advance...

Ellen, many of these shares are very old and predate much of the information I have available. But, from the information I do have available:

Kirkland had a name change and two reverse splits (1 for 10 and 1 for 15) and is now Groundstar Resources, which trades for about 12 cents per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent ( to determine if the old certificate is valid and, if so, to have it reorganized into the new shares.

I believe Hollinger went through numerous name changes, capital changes, and changes of business but eventually became Hollinger Inc., the media company which is currently bankrupt. I suggest you contact the transfer agent, Computershare ( to determine if the old certificate did, in fact, become Hollinger Inc. and if there is any potential value.

Pandora was acquired by Belleroche Mines Ltd. in I believe the late 1960's on the basis of 1 Belleroche Mines share for every 20 Pandora shares. I have no further information on what happened to Belleroche.

Dalhousie may have been acquired by Imperial Oil. I suggest you contact Imperial and inquire -

Cobalt Contact became York Bousquet, which had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the 1960's. No current value.

Canadian Delhi had a 1 for 2 reverse split and became CanDel, which was acquired by Sulpetro in 1981 for $44.50 cash per share. The registered shareholders should have received a check at that time.

I have no information on Imperial Radiator.

Big Missouri had its charter cancelled and was dissolved in the early 1970's. No current value.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.