Canadian Stocks/stock certificate

Question
I have an old stock certificate found in my deceased father's files. It is for 11 shares in Glenex Industries Inc.
It is countersigned and registered by Guaranty Trust Company of Canada, transfer agents and registrar in Vancouver and Toronto
It is dated June 17/87 and is registered to Gord Burns and carries a number of 25179
Can you help with any information on this company?

Answer
Arthur, from the information I have available, Glenex merged with several other companies and became Quest Investments, which subsequently has several other transactions and name changes and is currently Sprott Inc., which trades for about $2.50 a share. Although the original 11 shares is likely substantially fewer shares of Sprott due to the transactions, I suggest you contact the current transfer agent (tmxequitytransferservices.com) to determine what shares you may have.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor