Canadian Stocks/Canadian stock certificates

QUESTION: I recently came across exchange certificates issued by Guardian Estates & Agencies. LTD.  According to the paperwork it was originally acquired by my parents 8/26/1986 under the names Golden North Resource Corporation and Good Hope Resources LTD.  

My question is, Is there any value (3 shares) or should I frame the certificates.  Both parents are deceased.

Thank you

ANSWER: June, I am not sure what you have. Guardian Estates is a transfer agent. They handled transfer duties for numerous public companies. What you may have is not actual stock certificates, but exchange paperwork related to name changes and/or acquisition of certificates which your parents may have once had. Golden North was acquired in 1992 by Caledonia, and Good Hope became Golden North in 1986. Your parents would have received the new certificates in the new company at that time.

QUESTION: Thank you.  Is there a way to check the value if any.  I did see paper work for Caledonia.  I know that my parents did not due anything with certificates.

Thank you for your prompt response.

June, Caledonia had a 1 for 10 reverse stock split and currently trades for about 70 cents per share. You will need to contact their current transfer agent, Computershare ( and see if they have your parents listed as a shareholder.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.