Canadian Stocks/old share certificates

Question
I have 500 shares of "Concord Mines Limited" purchased in 1947. The transfer agent was Chartered Trust and Executor Company. Can you tell me if these shares have any value today please.

Answer
John, I have nothing definitive regarding what happened to Concord Mines. However, I do see it made the SEC's Canadian Restricted List in 1951. That list is for Canadian companies that were illegally selling shares to U.S. residents without being registered with the SEC. That is a horrible sign regarding the honesty and prospects for the company, as honest companies who are really trying to establish and build their business register with the SEC. Companies in it for a quick buck break the law and don't bother.

I suggest you try contacting the Province of Incorporation and see what information they have available.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor