Canadian Stocks/Porcupine Mines Stock

Hello and thank you in advance for any and all help with this.

I have recently come across a stock certificate for Central Porcupine Mines Limited dated June 17, 1935 in some family paperwork. It would seem the original shares were purchased in Gold Centre Porcupine Mines Limited at some point prior to that and exchanged for the Central shares in the mid 30's. There is also correspondence from the mid 60's that then references United Porcupine Mines Limited.

Is there any way for a non-industry individual to try and research the history of this company? There is a Porcupine Gold Mines operating today but I have no idea how to determine if this is a descendant of the company we once had stocks in. And, of course, it would be nice to know if this stock certificate has anything more than sentimental value.

Thanks again for your time.

Robin, from the information I have available, the shares have no current value. The Company went through numerous reverse splits and name changes, including a 1 for 4 reverse split and name change to United Porcupine Mines in 1964. Eventually, it became Dynaco Enterprises, which was struck from the corporate register and dissolved in the early 1980's.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.