You are here:

Canadian Stocks/Grandfathers' Old Stocks


Hi Steven,

Appreciate all the research and advice you have posted on this site. Wondering if you can find out any information about some old stock certificates that were left to me by my grandfathers house.

1. "Trans Yukon Exploration Limited"
July 10th 1968, Transfer Agent "Canada Permanent Trust Company" Incorporated in the Yukon Territory, 2000 Shares

2. "Yukon Oil & Gas Development Limited"
Nov 17 1969, Transfer Agent " Guaranty Trust Company of Canada" Incorporated in the Yukon Territory, 1000 Shares

3. "Canyon City Explorations Ltd."
Dec 17 1971, Transfer Agent "Canada Permanent Trust Company" Incorporated under the companies act of BC, 1000 Shares

Thanks in advance for anything you can find out about the value of these shares, or if I can recycle them.


Ryan, from the information I have available:

I have no information on either Trans Yukon or Yukon Oil. Typically in these cases, you would contact the transfer agent, as they will know if the certificate has any value. However, both of those agents are long out of business. Therefore, I suggest you contact the Yukon Territory as the entity of incorporation and see what information they have available, or contact a broker and ask them to perform a detailed search for you.

Canyon City has no current value. The Company was dissolved in the late 1970's.

Canadian Stocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steven Taylor


Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]