Canadian Stocks/Old Stocks

Question
I have 1,000 shares of Golden West Resources Ltd. issued by Richardson Securities of Canada.  These were purchased in August of 1971.  I understand  that in October 1988, the shares became Brower Explorations and worth 50 shares at that time.
Originally Registered by Guaranty Trust.

Is there any value to these shares?

Thank you,
much appreciated.

Answer
Sylvia, from the information I have available:

The Company did have two reverse splits (1 for 4 and 1 for 5) and became Brower Exploration. That would confirm the original 1000 shares were only 50 shares of Brower Explorations at that time. Brower later had a 1 for 5 reverse split and became Stocker & Yale, which later had a second 1 for 5 reverse split. Stocker & Yale reincorporated in Wyoming and ceased to be a Canadian company, but they later became Stockeryale, and now Prophotonix. They did have at least one 2 for 1 forward split, but the stock currently trades for 4 cents per share on the Pink Sheets in the US. Taking the stock splits into account, you should have 4 shares of Prophotonix - not even worth the price of a stamp.

You can confirm this information with Prophotonix - www.prophotonix.com.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor