Canadian Stocks/Old stocks

Question
Hello Steve,
I found some old stocks that my father had in his desk.  Can you tell me if they have any value.

Greek Canadian Mines Ltd - 15,000 shares
Woodway Resources ltd. 1000 shares
O'toooles food corporation - 600 shares
Cumberland County Oil & Gas -1000 shares
Lake Savard Resourced -1000 shares

Thank you for your help.
Angela

Answer
Angela, from the information I have available:

Greek Canadian has no current value. The Company had a 1 for 3 reverse split and became Biogenetic Technology. The stock was caught up in a fraud action by the SEC in the US in 1998 and later was named in an Ontario Securities Commission action against a broker who artificially inflated the price of the stock before selling it to customers. The stock was cease-traded in 1999, and those cease-trade orders remain in effect.

Woodway has no current value. The Company became Bridge Integrated Tech, which was cease-traded in 1992. That cease-trade order remains in effect.

O'Tooles has no current value. The Company had a 1 for 3 reverse split but later went into receivership. Common shareholders received nothing.

I have no information on Cumberland County or Lake Savard. If there is a transfer agent listed on the certificate, I would contact them first as they should know if the shares have any current value. If not, try the Province of Incorporation and see what information they have available. Or, contact a broker and ask them to perform a detailed search for you.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor