You are here:

Canadian Stocks/How to determine whether shares I purchased years ago have any value.


Hello Mr. Taylor:

Several years ago I purchased some shares from Canlorm Resources Inc., formerly known as Lormac Explorations Limited, from Marchment & Mackay  .  I have done a Google and a Yahoo search and I am unable to find information for Canlorm nor for Lormac, and I believe Marchment and Mackay are no longer in operation.  Any suggestions on what else I can do would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.


Carlo, from the information I have available, the company has had two reverse splits (1 for 7 and 1 for 10) and is now New Oroperu Resources, which trades for about 28 cents per share. If your shares have not already been wiped out by the reverse splits, you will need to contact the current transfer agent, Computershare ( to have your old certificate reorganized into the new shares.

Canadian Stocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Steven Taylor


Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]