Canadian Stocks/old stocks

Hi Steven....I came across a old certificate of my fathers who passed away,and I'm wondering if it's worth anything. The companies name is Manridge explorations Limited issued in 1983. Thank-you so much for answering my question.

Robert, from the information I have available, the Company had a 1 for 25 reverse split and became Equisure Financial. Equisure was acquired by ING in 2001 for $7.00 cash per share. As it was a compulsory acquisition, all shareholders were taken out even if they never submitted their certificates for cancellation. Your father should have received a check for his remaining shares at that time. If for some reason they could not find your father and deliver the check, the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping. In that case, you need to search the lost property offices of every State or Province in which your father lived from the time he first acquired the certificate until the takeover in 2001. You can search many of them online for free at and Search using his name exactly as it appears on the certificate, even if it is abbreviated or misspelled.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.