Canadian Stocks/Old Stock Certificates

Question
Hi There

I found some old stock certificates in my parents things and wondered if they may be of any value?

Shell Canada
KSF Chemical Process Ltd
Gronarctic Energy Inc
Deductible Opportunity Fund 1987 Oil & Gas

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Melanie

Answer
Melanie, from the information I have available:

Shell Canada was acquired by Royal Dutch Shell in 2007 for $45 a share cash. Shareholders should have received a check at that time, and were unlikely to be required to turn over the old certificates. If a check was not received, the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping. You can search each lost property office of the States and Provinces in which your parents lived from the time they acquired the shares until the takeover. You can search many of them online for free at www.missingmoney.com and www.naupa.org.

KSF became KCP Resources, which was cease-traded in 1991. Those cease-trade orders remain in effect.

Gronartic had several name changes and reverse splits. It became Launch Resources, which went into receivership in 2005. No value for common shareholders.

I don't have information on Deductible, as I only have info on stocks. It is an investment fund, and by the name it is possible it was a tax-advantaged oil and gas fund that was not widely sold or available. I suggest you contact a broker to help you track that one down.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor