Canadian Stocks/Old stocks

Hello, I have come across some stocks doing my fathers estate. I have tried looking into the names but I really don't know much about how stocks trade and switch hands. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Baitex medical technologies inc -10000 shares
Maxill inc -700 shares
Ultracell medical technologies ltd -1500 shares
Genterra investment corporation -402 shares
Star group newspaper networks inc -2287 shares
Neotel inc -500 shares

Denise, from the information I have available:

Baitex had a 1 for 10 reverse split before being suspended, cease-traded and delisted in 1998. No current value.

Maxill was taken private in 2011. Common shareholders received 8 cents cash per share.

Ultracell had several name changes and two reverse splits (1 for 10, then another 1 for 10) and ended as Skor Food, which was acquired in 2011 for $1.33 cash per share.

Genterra had a merger and shareholders received 1 share of Genterra Capital for every 3.6 old shares. Genterra currently trades for about $1.40 per share. You will need to contact the current transfer agent, Computershare ( to have the old certificate reorganized.

Star had a couple of name changes and ended as eStation, which had its assets foreclosed by creditors. No value.

Neotel had a 1 for 3 reverse split and a couple of name changes. It became Tenth Power Technologies, which was taken private in 2013. Shareholders received 1 cent per share.

For the companies that were acquired or taken private, your father should have received checks for his shares at that time. If not, the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping. You need to search the missing property offices of every State or Province in which your father lived from the time he acquired the shares. You can search many of the offices online for free at and

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.