Canadian Stocks/Stock from 1959

How do I locate stock I had in 1959 from Massey Ferguson? Thank You James Robert Gibson.

James, this is a very difficult situation. Massey went through numerous changes and a major reorganization, then changed is name to Varity, which later merged with Lucas in the UK to become LucasVarity, which was acquired by TRW in an-all cash deal in 1997 for $47.35 per ADR.

If you were listed on the stockholder's list at the time of the acquisition, you would have received a check for your shares at that time. If you didn't receive a check, yet were a shareholder, it means the transfer agent could not locate you and the money would have been turned over to the government for safekeeping. although that was almost 20 years ago, the money might still be available. Search every lost property office of each State or Province in which you lived from the time you first acquired the certificate until the buyout. You can search many of the offices online for free at and

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.