Canadian Stocks/E.A.Manning

Question
I bought stock in STOCKGOLD RESOURCES INC.in 1986 from E.A. Manning Limited. Do you know where I can find any information on E.A. Manning today or the STOCKGOLD RESOURCES INC.

Answer
Gary, E.A. Manning was a notorious penny stock company that was finally thrown out of business by the Ontario Securities Commission for rigging stocks and defrauding customers. Their typical operation was to acquire majority control over thinly traded penny stocks, artificially raise the price from pennies to dollars, and then dump the essentially worthless shares onto their customers at the inflated prices. Eventually Manning stopped inflating the prices, the prices collapsed and their customers lost all their money.

Stockgold has no current value. The Company had two reverse splits and name changes and became Seven Seas Petroleum, which went bankrupt around 2004.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor