Canadian Stocks/Giant YellowKnife Mines Limited Certificate

I received from a family member of an old stock certificate of 60 shares of Giant Yellowknife Mines Limited issued in 1989.
I was wondering if there is a paper trail leading up to today if there the stock or certificate is worth anything or have any value?

Vinh, from the information I have available, Giant Yellowknife merged with several other companies to form Royal Oak Mines. Giant shareholders received 13 shares of Royal Oak for every 2 shares of Giant. Royal Oak ran into serious financial trouble and lost all of their operating mines. They eventually restructured after a 1 for 100 reverse split. Last January, the remaining shareholders were taken out for 15 cents per share. Based on the capital changes, that would amount to about 45 cents in total for the original 60 shares of Giant in the name of the original registered holder.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.