Canadian Stocks/shares certificate

Question
I was rummaging thru some old papers & found a shares certificate from stand-skat resources ltd, dated February 14/79. It is registered with GUARANTY TRUST CO. Of CANADA,Vancouver. Just wondering if it has any value or should I just trash this document. Can't seem to find much info. Can u offer any info pertaining to this company? Thanking u in advance.

Answer
Gail, from the information I have available, the Company has gone through a lot of changes. These include 3 reverse splits (1 for 3, 1 for 4, and 1 for 5) and 4 acquisitions (1 for 5, another 1 for 5, 1/2 for 1, and 1 for 30). Assuming your original share position was not completely wiped out by all those changes, the company is now Imperial Metals. You would need to contact the current Imperial transfer agent (www.computershare.com) to confirm this information and have your old certificate reorganized.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor