Canadian Stocks/nova, and alta trunk line

hello sir , i m just dealing with the passing of my father at 55. my dad was always gone due to work , im only 27 and no brothers and sisters, he worked at nova and transcanada for 30 years and all i found was these two paper certificates one from alberta trunk line 1975 18 shares its a red document also number is la078170
also a nova stock from 98 for 79 shares nc054011 also the nunber
cusip 66978f105
please tell me these arent worth less or they are worth soemthing
thank you

Cordero, from the information I have available, Nova merged with TransCanada Pipeline on the basis of 0.52 of a TransCanada share for each Nova share. You will need to contact TransCanada's current transfer agent ( to determine if the old certificate is valid and, if so, to have it reorganized into the current TransCanada shares, which currently trade for about $50 per share.

Alberta Trunk Line was a predecessor to Nova, so they are the same company. You will want to mention that certificate in your correspondence with Computershare and see if that older certificate is valid.  

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor

Canadian stocks, including growth and resource companies.