Canadian Stocks/Old stocks

Question
I HAVE STOCK CERTIFICATES FROM 3 DIFFERENT COMPANIES. THEY ARE FROM THE LATE FORTIES,FIFTIES AND SIXTIES. I AM TRYING FIND OUT THERE VALUE. ONE IS GASPE OIL VENTURES LIMITED. NEXT IS AMERICAN-ASIATIC OIL CORPORATION AND THE THIRD IS QUEBEC OIL DEVELOPMENT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THEY HAVE ANY VALUE.   THANK YOU.........JEFF

Answer
Jeff, from the information I have available:

Gaspe had two reverse splits (1 for 23 and then a 1 for 5) and became Consolidated Developments Limited. Unfortunately, I have no information on the ultimate fate of Consolidated Developments. It seems to have disappeared completely around 1975 or 1976. I suggest you try contacting the Province of Incorporation and see what information they have on the Company, or contact a broker and ask them to perform a detailed search for you.

Quebec Oil also became Consolidated Developments after a 1 for 17 and 1 for 5 reverse splits.

American Asiatic appears to have been a US company that is now defunct. Back in 2005 DTC issued a bulletin that participants could destroy the certificates, which means no value.

Canadian Stocks

Steven Taylor